Jungebad is a specialised oil dispersion bath with body brushing that originates from Germany out of indications given by Rudolf Steiner. It is used as a complementary therapy in anthroposophic medicine to harmonise body warmth and thereby stimulate the body’s own processes towards healing and recovery.
Jungebad is used for such things as to:
- Aid digestion
- Recover from burn-out, jet-lag, fatigue and stress
- Encourage warmth and flexibility in the muscles and joints
- Increase the flow of lymphatic fluids
- Improve recovery alongside treatments for cancer
- Maintain circulation, elimination and vitality in the young and old
- Calm anxiety, including anxiety as a result of dementia
Over winter Jungebad therapy will be available from Fiona Mackenzie’s homeopathic clinic in Mullumbimby. The initial consultation and bath is $120. A prescribed treatment plan includes a set of baths at the special trainee rate of $60 per bath. Appointments commence in June.